Become a CPHA Member!
CPHA Membership is as diverse as public health
We are a Big Tent for the public health community! Our membership includes nurses, environmental health specialists, health educators, physicians, allied health professionals, preventive medicine specialists, alternative health care providers, social workers, outdoor recreation supporters, academics, policymakers, interested citizens and students...and any organization interested in supporting public health in Colorado.
7 Great Reasons to Be a Member
- Connection and empowerment: You are part of CPHA's "Big Tent": a public health community that is diverse, inclusive, multidisciplined and that is united to produce positive results for public health in Colorado. You are empowered to get involved in issues that affect your personal and professional communities and your quality of life.
- An active voice in public policy and advocacy: You can contribute to the strong advocacy program centered on assuring that public health voices are being heard at the Colorado State Capitol. The Public Health Policy Committee prepares resolutions and legislative updates/alerts, and keeps track of public health issues under consideration by the State Legislature and Congress. CPHA contracts with a lobbyist to advocate for priority public health issues.
- Networking: You have many opportunities to network with public health professionals in Colorado, building your contacts, sharing ideas, best practices and solutions to enhance your current job, find opportunities for career enhancement, etc. Networking events range from Conferences to discounted sporting events to celebrations.
- Public Health in the Rockies Conference: The annual Conference each Fall provides quality education and networking for public health professionals, and you receive a SIGNIFICANT discount by being a member. You can contribute to the content, help plan the Conference or attend to enhance your professional development.
- Leadership Opportunities: You are provided opportunities to learn and practice leadership and meeting management skills that you may need for your resume, professional growth or self-promotion. Opportunities are available on the Board, committees and special projects.
- Free Informational Services: CPHA keeps members in touch with each other and current issues through the Member Center, email updates and connected social media.
- Affiliation: You will have affiliation with YOUR professional association and 500+ public health professionals in Colorado.
Cost of Membership
For individuals working in, or interested in public health
Affiliate Membership $30
For individuals who are a member of a CPHA affiliate (COSOPHE or PHNAC)
Full-time student or Retiree $15
For full-time students, those earning less than $12,000/year, or retired individuals.
CPHA's membership cycle runs from June 1 - May 31. Your membership will be valid until May 31, and you will receive a renewal reminder when your expiration date is approaching.
CPHA 's organizational membership category has great benefits and incentives for the agency AND its employees! Read more about the benefits here, and then sign your agency up today by contacting the association office at email@example.com.